I'm Miranda, a proud military spouse who blogs over at Hurry Up and Wait USMC about the randomness of my life! I've recently made the move from MN to CA to be with my husband and since my arrival I've been experimenting more and more with crafting, sewing, and cooking!
Today I would like to share a craft that I cannot personally take credit for. It was a birthday present to me this year from my in-laws and I thought it was brilliant! A lot of us have some sort of Emergency Kit. Whether it's in your car, home, cabin, boat, etc. it's a great thing to have just in case an emergency happens. My in-laws thought it would be a good idea for me to have an Emergency Kit of my own! Not a kit for just any emergency, a kit for when the Zombie Apocalypse comes. I am a huge zombie fanatic, nerd, freak, however you want to classify my obsession.
I now have my very own Zombie Apocalypse Survival Kit.
1. Mini First Aid Kit: for minor cuts or scratches sustained while fighting off the zombies or from running away from them in the woods.
2. Emergency Blanket: for those cold nights when you may not have shelter.
3. Altoids Container: to store spare cash...before the apocalypse gets too bad and money no longer matters. Could also be burned to start a fire.
4. Pain Reliever: self explanatory. Lack of sleep, cuts, bruises, muscle soreness from constantly being on the run. This would come in handy.
5. Duct Tape: fixes everything.
6. Sanitary Wipes: get rid of those germs to prevent sickness.
7. Skittles: sugar to keep your energy up.
8. Gloves: keep those germs away! In case you have to move a dead body or something.
9. Mask: in case anything goes airborne or to prevent a zombie from spitting it's blood in your mouth.
10. ChemLight: you will always need some light at night. This wouldn't attract too much attention either. You can also throw one down a well or hole and see how deep something is!
11. Chapstick: no one likes cracked lips!
12. Compass/Whistle/Thermometer: 3 in one! To help you navigate to your destination, to call for help, to distract, and to keep track of the weather.
13. Drinking Water: always going to need clean water.
14. Paracord Bracelet: in case you need to make some kind of weapon.
15. Pocket Knife: to cut sticks into arrows, open food, etc.
16. Flashlight/Glow Stick Combo: find you way in the dark!
17. Filtered Water Bottle: collect and clean up that rainwater!
18. Granola Bars: protein!
19. Towel: staying dry, cleaning up a mess, pulling a hot pan or can off of a fire.
Since obtaining this as a gift my husband and I have also added a tourniquet.
What would you put in your Mini Zombie Survival Kit?